Can Macromatic's 3 Phase Monitor Relays be used with Open Delta Systems?
Wednesday: December 2, 2015 : Three-Phase Monitor Relays
Can Macromatic's 3 phase monitor relays be used with open delta systems?
Yes, by following a few simple guidelines.
Here is an open delta schematic:
1. The phase monitor needs to connect to A,B,C….not GND or Neutral
2. Select the correct phase monitor using the Phase to phase voltage of the power system, not Phase to neutral or ground voltages.
3. Ensure that Actual Unbalance is within the acceptable range of the phase monitor relay selected for proper operation or use a relay that does not provide unbalance protection. Open delta systems are predisposed to higher levels of unbalance.
Recent Articles for:
Three-Phase Monitor Relays
- Oct2019 What Is Phase Unbalance? How Can I Protect My Equipment?
- Oct2019 What type of power systems can Macromatic relays protect?
- Sep2019 What Is Undervoltage? How Can I Protect My Equipment?
- Sep2019 What is a Phase Loss? How can I protect my equipment?
- Aug2019 Three-Phase Monitor Relays: What Motor Do You Need to Protect?