Estimating Contact Life of Products with Specific Loads
Saturday: January 17, 2015 : Knowledgebase General
How many switching cycles will the contacts on your products operate with a specific load?
The electrical life of the relay is directly related to the load it is controlling. The electrical life at full load is 100,000 operations for most Macromatic products; to determine expected life at other load levels, use the graphs below. The following test results were provided by the manufacturer's of the relay contacts.
Product Series – ARP, CA, CHR, CM, CO, CU, PMD, PMPU-FA, TD-7, TD-8, TR-5, TR-6, VAK, VAKP, VMKP, VMP, VWKP, VWP
Product Series - SFP, SS,THR
Product Series- ISP
Product Series - TAA1U, TAD1U
Product Series - TAA2U
Product Series - TE, VAKE,VWKE
Product Series - ATP
Product Series - PMP, VAKPU, VWKPU
No data available - PAP, PCP, PLP
The graphs above represent all available data for estimating electrical life. Results above are typical under the test conditions prescribed by each relay contact manufacturer. Macromatic does not promise nor warranty the operating life results indicated in the above graphs.
Recent Articles for:
- May2019 What is the difference between “UL Listed” & “UL Component Recognized”?
- Oct2015 What are Pilot Duty Ratings and which Macromatic products have them?
- Oct2015 How to Apply Pilot Duty Ratings
- Oct2015 What size connectors will work with Macromatic sockets?
- Aug2015 Using the 70166 Hold-Down Spring