Fusing for Phase Monitor Relays
Tuesday: December 15, 2015 : Three-Phase Monitor Relays
Are fuses required and what size fuse do you recommend using with your Phase Monitor Relays?
The use of fusing in-line with Macromatic phase monitor relays is not required; however, Macromatic recommends using a 2 ampere, fast acting, voltage appropriate fuses such as a KTK fuse between the Phase Monitor Relay and the three phases (see diagram below). Use of fusing in-line with loads controlled by the relay output should also be considered depending on the application. Marked safety and regulatory approvals, including UL Certifications, do not require the use of inline fuses in typical applications. Please be aware that different guidelines may apply in your specific application and/or installation.
Recent Articles for:
Three-Phase Monitor Relays
- Jul2019 Does my Phase Monitor Relay require a Short Circuit Current Rating?
- Jun2019 What type of power systems can Macromatic relays protect?
- Nov2018 Replacing a Square D (Schneider) 8430MPS or 8430MPD Phase Monitor Relay
- Jan2017 Isolated Alarm Circuit Output on Plug-in 3-Phase Monitor Relays
- Apr2016 Phase (Voltage) Unbalance Explained