Fusing for Phase Monitor Relays
Tuesday: December 15, 2015 : Three-Phase Monitor Relays
Are fuses required and what size fuse do you recommend using with your Phase Monitor Relays?
The use of fusing in-line with Macromatic phase monitor relays is not required; however, Macromatic recommends using a 2 ampere, fast acting, voltage appropriate fuses such as a KTK fuse between the Phase Monitor Relay and the three phases (see diagram below). Use of fusing in-line with loads controlled by the relay output should also be considered depending on the application. Marked safety and regulatory approvals, including UL Certifications, do not require the use of inline fuses in typical applications. Please be aware that different guidelines may apply in your specific application and/or installation.
Recent Articles for:
Three-Phase Monitor Relays
- Nov2018 Replacing a Square D (Schneider) 8430MPS or 8430MPD Phase Monitor Relay
- May2018 Short Circuit Current Ratings (SCCR) of Three-Phase Monitor Relays
- Jan2017 Isolated Alarm Circuit Output on Plug-in 3-Phase Monitor Relays
- Apr2016 Phase (Voltage) Unbalance Explained
- Dec2015 Fusing for Phase Monitor Relays