Macromatic Products & 50/60Hz Applications
Monday: August 10, 2015 : General Articles
Will Macromatic products work at 50 Hertz, as required in other parts of the world?
Electrical equipment is made by the manufacturer to operate at a specified Current, Voltage, and Frequency (Hertz). The Current is dependent on the Voltage and Hertz. If the Current through the equipment is greater then it is designed to handle because it is connected to a Voltage or Hertz other than specified, the equipment can fail prematurely leading to costly down-time.
There are basically two frequencies in use around the world to operate normal electrical equipment:
- 50 Hz in Europe and Asia
- 60 Hz in North America
Most Macromatic products are designed to operate efficiently at either 50 or 60 Hz so that your equipment can be serviced in a timely manner anywhere around the globe. Please check our catalog to make sure the Macromatic product you are using will work at both 50 & 60Hz. Or contact us at 800-238-7474.
Recent Articles for:
- May2019 What is the difference between “UL Listed” & “UL Component Recognized”?
- Oct2015 What are Pilot Duty Ratings and which Macromatic products have them?
- Oct2015 How to Apply Pilot Duty Ratings
- Oct2015 What size connectors will work with Macromatic sockets?
- Aug2015 Using the 70166 Hold-Down Spring