Lead Time: 7 Days
Description Of Function
All three switches are open and all loads are off. When the LEAD Switch closes, it energizes Load 1. As long as the LEAD Switch remains closed, Load 1 remains energized. If the LAG Switch closes, Load 2 is energized. If the LAG2 Switch closes, it energizes Load 3. Each load is turned off in sequence as the switches are opened. The entire cycle is then repeated, but with Load 2 energized first followed by Load 3 and then Load 1. NOTE: power for outputs is supplied from L connection, not through input switches (see drawing below).
- For Triplex Loads
- Works with 3 Switch inputs--LEAD, LAG & LAG2
- Optional top-mounted switch allows use as standard Triplexor or as Duplexor until system expansion requires additional third Load
- Input Switch Failure Indication
- Pilot Duty Rating
Plug-in case utilizing industry-standard square sockets
Configuration / Contact Rating
- 3A @ 120V AC General Purpose; C300 Pilot Duty; 1/6HP @ 120VAC
- Voltage Tolerance: AC Operation: +10/-15% of nominal at 50/60 Hz.; DC Operation (24V only): +10/-15% of nominal.
- Load (Burden): 2 VA
- Indicator LEDs: One of the Red LEDs will be steady ON to indicate which Load will be energized first; all will flash to indicate a switch out-of-sequence error.
- Time Delay: If power is lost & returns with more than just the LEAD Switch closed, there is a fixed 10 second delay between energization of the second output (Triplex & Duplex mode) & third output (Triplex mode only) to prevent all Loads from coming on at the same time.
- Life: Mechanical: 10,000,000 operations; Full Load: 100,000 operations
- Temperature: -28o to 65o C (-18o to 149o F)
Triplex Alternating Relays are used in three load applications requiring both the optimization of load usage by equalizing the run time of multiple loads and additional capacity in case of excess load requirements.
As standard, these products operate as a normal Triplex with three inputs. An optional version with an 8-position rotary switch is offered (see picture at right). This allows the unit to operate as either a:
- Standard Triplex
- Triplex locking Load 1, 2 or 3 as the first to be energized (Lead Load)
- Standard Duplex until system expansion requires control for a third Load
- Duplex locking Load 1 or 2 as the first to be energized (Lead Load)
All versions offer an indication of a switch failure (out-of-sequence)-LEDs will flash if any switch closes out of sequence. Also, if power is lost & returns with more than just the LEAD Switch closed, there is a fixed 10 second delay between energization of the first output & subsequent outputs to prevent all Loads from coming on at the same time.
ATP eCAD Package
901-0000-117 Installation Instructions ATP Series