Macromatic has an opportunity for a driven Electrical Design Engineer to join our engineering team designing, sustaining, and supporting our products. This is a highly visible position within our Engineering team charged with new product design and implementation of control products. This position will enjoy responsibility for projects from initial concept through to production. A variety of challenges and a fast-paced environment make this position ideal for expanding experience and skills.
- Design, test, and prototype embedded electronics.
- Design, test, and implement embedded firmware/software (C, Assembler)
- Printed circuit board design, test, prototyping.
- Compliance and certification to UL, CSA, CE standards.
- External and internal technical support
- Manufacturing process, equipment & automation design/build
- Travel as required, typically < 5%
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 1-5 years engineering experience
- Hardware/Software design experience
- Printed circuit board design experience
- Hands on Prototyping Experience
- Proven time management skills
- Industrial control background and/or knowledge
- Experience with manufacturing processes/facilities
To be considered for this role, candidates must:
- Enjoy responsibility for the entire product design process
- Be accountable for project schedules and deadlines.
- Desire to work and thrive in fast paced atmosphere
- Communicate effectively within diverse cross-functional teams
- Roll up their sleeves and be hands-on