What Is Phase Reversal? How Can I Protect My Equipment?
Monday: April 13, 2015 : Blog
When the phase sequence of a three-phase system is incorrect, the connected three-phase motors and other rotating equipment runs in the opposite direction. In many cases, this can cause a hazardous condition that may destroy product, damage machinery, and injure personnel.
Incorrect phase sequence within a three phase system is called phase reversal. Phase reversal usually occurs as a result of mistakes made during equipment installation, maintenance, or modifications to the facility power system.
A three-phase monitor relay with a phase reversal protection should be used in applications where three-phase motors and other rotating equipment must not run in the reverse direction. The relay will not energize if the phase sequence is reversed and it can stop machinery if the phase reversal occurs during operation.
Three-phase motors and other equipment are commonly used in a variety of industries:
- Industrial Machinery
- And more
Macromatic offers three-phase monitor relays (phase failure relays) specifically engineered for detecting phase reversal. Macromatic's Three-Phase Monitor Relays protect equipment and prevent expensive repairs.
Recent Articles for:
- May2020 Our 45th Anniversary: A Message to our Employees and Customers
- Apr2020 Macromatic Recognized as Outstanding Supplier by Grainger
- Mar2020 Macromatic Industrial Controls Remains Open in Wisconsin
- Jan2020 Macromatic Names New Regional Sales Manager for Canada
- Jul2019 Macromatic Earns Fastest Growing Firms Award