Relays Reduce Risk of Equipment Failure and Personal Injury
Equipment reliability and safety are critical in the elevator and lift industry. Relays and electronic controllers are part of complex systems that control speed, loads, position, and communication. Relays monitor and protect motors from failure due to current fluctuations and voltage faults. Many elevator manufacturers now provide remote monitoring of equipment, to proactively alert technicians and building owners of potential malfunctions.
Macromatic Relays Used for Elevators and Lifts:
- Current Sensing Relays protect motors from over- or under-current conditions.
- Three-Phase Monitor Relays protect equipment from premature failure due to voltage faults.
- PMDs with Communication provide remote monitoring of operation for proactive maintenance.
Industry standards ensure the safe design, operation and maintenance of elevators, escalators and other systems that move people. On hydraulic elevators, ASME standards recommend “a means to prevent overheating of the drive system (pump and motor) due to phase rotation reversals or failure.” Hydraulic elevators that use an underground hydraulic system are common on buildings of less than five floors.
- ASME A17. 1 /CSA Safety Code is the accepted safety code throughout North America.
- Section 3.26.5 of the guidelines recommends the use of three-phase monitors on all hydraulic elevators.
- Many states and cities have made this a safety requirement for traction elevators as well.
To meet industry requirements, Macromatic offers a variety of solutions to monitor voltage in elevator and lift applications. Phase Monitor Relays prevent premature equipment failure. They are available in plug-in or DIN-Rail enclosure styles and protect against a combination of voltage faults.
The Macromatic PC1 Series protects and communicates via Modbus TCP. This industry-leading technology makes data available for continuous monitoring, real-time alerts, and intelligent maintenance of three-phase voltage systems. Read More.
Submit A Testimonial About Macromatic
If you have used Macromatic products or had a good experience with our sales and support team, please share your thoughts. We would love to add your testimonial to our website. We can promote you and your company, or you can choose to submit anonymously.