Relays Protect Equipment for Reliable Operation and Cost Savings
Equipment used in food and beverage preparation and packaging needs to meet the highest standards of durability, efficiency, and safety. For that reason, manufacturers typically use phase monitors that detect current spikes if motors on their equipment are overloaded. The result is increased equipment protection, long service life and cost savings.
Macromatic Phase Monitors protect from a combination of voltage faults:
- Phase Loss is a total loss of one or more the three phases.
- Phase reversal will cause a motor to rotate in the improper direction.
- Phase unbalance can cause motors to overheat.
- Under-voltage or over-voltage can cause overheating, reduced power, and poor performance.
A manufacturer uses phase monitor relays on their commercial food service equipment used in restaurants, grocery stores, schools, and other large food service facilities. This OEM was having periodic quality and performance problems with their relays and was experiencing issues with lead times. Looking for a custom solution, they turned to Macromatic for design assistance. This customer needed:
- Quick turnaround on a prototype to meet production needs.
- Expert technical support to ensure proper operation.
- Coordinated testing to fine tune the phase monitor program.
Macromatic relays continuously monitor and detect voltage faults, even with a lost phase. True RMS voltage measurement ensures more accurate sensing across more applications.
In this application, Macromatic engineers worked alongside the customer’s engineers in the test facility at the OEM’s location. The company also provided a test fixture so final adjustments could quickly be made during the design, assembly, and testing of the custom product. With production at Macromatic’s facility in Wisconsin, U.S.A., meeting delivery requirements was no problem.
Submit A Testimonial About Macromatic
If you have used Macromatic products or had a good experience with our sales and support team, please share your thoughts. We would love to add your testimonial to our website. We can promote you and your company, or you can choose to submit anonymously.