Relays Reduce the Risk of Equipment Damage and Personal Injury
Manufacturing and warehouse facilities rely on material handling to move material and finished goods. Industrial controls and relays protect motors and other sensitive equipment used on conveyor systems by monitoring current and voltage conditions. The result is improved safety, reduced downtime, and lower operating costs.
Macromatic Relays Used for Material Handling:
- Current Sensing Relays protect motors from over or under current conditions.
- Three- Phase Monitor Relays protect equipment from damage due to voltage faults.
- Time Delay Relays have built-in timing to control automated operation.
A manufacturer of parts washing equipment was seeking a more accurate current monitoring relay used in their conveyor system. They also wanted a device that was easier to access and set-up. Systems with conveyor belts need to monitor current draw on motors to prevent damage to the belt or injury to personnel if something were to obstruct belt movement. Typically, these systems can benefit from:
- Accurate monitoring for protection, minimized downtime and reduced costs.
- Manual reset to ensure the jammed belt is safely cleared before restart.
- Short lead times and on-time delivery to maintain supply chain integrity.
Macromatic Current Sensing Relays protect conveyor equipment by accurately detecting over current conditions. CAP Series plug-in relays used in this application feature three potentiometers to select the pick-up setting, the drop-out setting, and adjusting the start-up sensing delay. The latch function ensures that the operator must manually reset the relay. Adjustments are located on top of the relay for easy access. These durable relays are made in Wisconsin, USA, and ship in 10 days.
Submit A Testimonial About Macromatic
If you have used Macromatic products or had a good experience with our sales and support team, please share your thoughts. We would love to add your testimonial to our website. We can promote you and your company, or you can choose to submit anonymously.