Relays Simplify Systems, Increase Efficiency, and Control Costs
Product packaging uses increasingly complex equipment for inspecting, cleaning, filling, sealing, wrapping, labeling, and palletizing. The industry has introduced more automation with electronic control to increase productivity, quality, and safety. Relays are used to control timing, to protect equipment and to ensure safe machine operation and the wellbeing of the operator.
Macromatic Relays Used for Packaging Equipment:
- Time Delays Relays have built-in timing to control automated operation.
- Phase Monitor Relays protect equipment from damage due to voltage faults.
- Current Sensing Relays monitor and detect over or under current conditions.
- General Purpose Relays provide economical operation in installations with space limitations.
Packaging equipment often must work independently as a stand-alone machine, but also operate as an integrated part of a complete automated system. The need to operate as an isolated process creates challenges for machine designers. To accommodate this requirement, engineers often revert to PLC systems so new code can be written and communication protocols can be established. PLC systems can be problematic:
- PLCs increase the complexity and cost of systems.
- Added onsite re-programming is required.
- PLCs can require increased maintenance and more complicated troubleshooting.
Macromatic offers highly reliable and cost-effective products that are ideal for packaging equipment. By using relays in simple systems, processes can be more efficient and low cost. Integrating these systems into a larger operation can be achieved with simple relay handshaking without costly duplicate control platforms. Macromatic relays are made in Wisconsin, USA, to ensure supply chain integrity.
Submit A Testimonial About Macromatic
If you have used Macromatic products or had a good experience with our sales and support team, please share your thoughts. We would love to add your testimonial to our website. We can promote you and your company, or you can choose to submit anonymously.